As its name suggests, Western Sahara is a sparsely-populated area of mostly desert located on the northwest coast of Africa. It is considered disputed territory with 20% of its land claimed by the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (self-proclaimed as such), and the remaining 80% by neighboring Morocco. A buffer strip, or “berm” with landmines and fortifications, stretches the length of the disputed territory and separates the Moroccan-administered western portion from the eastern area controlled by the Polisario Front.

The indigenous population is usually known as Sahrawis, but they are also referred to as “Southern Berbers”. They have mixed Berber-Arab heritage and are traditionally nomadic Bedouins with a lifestyle very similar to that of the Tuareg Berbers from whom they are believed to have descended. The region is home to phosphate reserves and rich fishing grounds off its coast, and is also believed to have as yet untapped offshore oil deposits.

Schedule a Demo

Independence Day is a public holiday in Vanuatu observed on July 30th each year.
This is the National Day of Vanuatu and marks the end of colonial rule by Britain and France on this day in 1980. #Vanuatu #globalcompliance #globalhr #globalpeoplestrategist #globalholidays

It is not uncommon for foreign businesses to go through extensive labor compliance audits to ensure they’re compliant with a country’s labor laws. Global People Strategist provides a platform filled with labor laws to help you stay compliant & give you peace of mind during audits

Lawmakers in British Columbia have amended the province's Employment Standards Act to grant employees up to 3 hours of paid leave when they receive vaccination against COVID-19. Read more about it here: https://t.co/zJI6lS9Aa7 #BritishColumbia #EmploymentStandardsAct #PaidLeave

Eid-e-Ghadir is a national holiday in Iran, observed on the 18th day of the Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah, the final month of the lunar-based Muslim calendar. This eid (festival) commemorates the appointment of Ali as Muhammad's successor, an important event to Shia Muslims.

On July 15, 2021, the European Court of Justice (ECJ), the supreme court of the European Union, ruled that employers may prohibit the wearing of visible expressions of religious beliefs, including headscarves, in the workplace. Read more here: https://t.co/1HkDLyLqdG

Load More...